What is the best home automation system? > Choosing a home automation system

Trouble pairing with smartthings?

(1/5) > >>

rkrasny:
I recently installed two 12V DC rollertrol rollershades with the z wave motor control units.  Everything works perfectly by remote control but I am unable to pair with my smartthings hub although I understand they are compatible.  I know there is a zwave include button next to the header connector and I've tried powering up the shade and searching, pressing the header connect button and searching and just about everything else I can think of but the hub doesn't find a new device.  The hub is quite close to the shades so I don't think distance is an issue.

Anybody have any troubleshooting ideas?  I checked the smartthings forums and there are only one or two posts about rollertrol but one is someone who had no trouble.

Thanks

admin:
Hello, have you paired any other Z-Wave device? Did you follow the instructions in the article series link we sent with the tracking info?

It's possible you have either a defective module or a defective hub, or perhaps a bad power supply.

The pairing is usually a pretty simple process, so if you would like us to send you another module to test, please contact me in the morning by email.

Regards, Adrian

Adrian Biffen
Customer Service
RollerTrol Automation Systems
http://RollerTrol.com

rkrasny:
I have two modules because I have two shades.  The power supply did seem a bit fussy during the installation but I wasn't certain if that was related to minor wiring issues along the way or a problem.  I did test the output of the power supply when it was working and it was a solid 12V DC.

It seems unlikely that I have two defective z wave relay modules?  Perhaps it is the power supply but the shades operate properly with the remote.  I'm open to trying another relay or power supply or anything else you think might be of help?

Can you elaborate a little bit on the pairing process?  I have about 25 devices on my network so I have quite a bit of experience with all sorts of devices (somfy shades, switches, sensors etc.)  Most devices need to be toggled to become discoverable and I presume that is what the button next to the header plug is?  Is it just a matter of powering on the unit and pressing the button and then searching for devices (that would be typical with the smartthings hub)?  If so I've tried that many times.  Is there any sort of reset that can or should be done?

Thanks

admin:
Good Morning, thank you for the extensive feedback. I wasn't sure if you were just starting out, but clearly you have had plenty of experience already with the SmartThings controller.

I agree that it is very unlikely that you have 2 defective trigger modules, so I'm thinking this is likely just a procedural issue as I know others have used our trigger module with SmartThings.

Personally, I have not used it with SmartThings but I will do some research on this and let you know. We have a Vera unit here and it paired up with that with no problems.

Regards, Adrian

Adrian Biffen
Customer Service
RollerTrol Automation Systems
http://RollerTrol.com

rkrasny:
Is it just automatically and indefinitely in a pairing mode when plugged in?  Or do you push the button next to the header plug and it's available for a period of time?  The Vera I think has some sort of auto-include but the relay would still need to be broadcasting connection information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version