Author Topic: Z-Wave Relay Controller Raw Commands  (Read 20557 times)

Chompy

• View Profile
Z-Wave Relay Controller Raw Commands
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »
Hello,

I’m in need of the raw Open & Close commands for the Z-Wave Relay Controller.  I’m using Indigo and while using the "On" & "Off" buttons will open/close the blinds, it first initiates the 'Stop' command, which I would like to avoid as it causes blinds with no middle setting to open/close out of sync with the blinds with programmed middle settings.

To anyone else using Indigo to control this device, I have found that sending raw command 0x26 0x04 0xFF works to control the "Stop"/"Middle" functionality of the controller. 

Thanks for your help!
--Cory

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
Re: Z-Wave Relay Controller Raw Commands
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:13:02 AM »
Hello Cory, thanks for the tip; I will check with the production manufacturer in Taiwan about this; it may take a few days.

Regards, Adrian

Chompy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:06:52 PM »
Thanks Adrian!  I did a little more investigating and found the raw commands for open/close.  It seems the unit is configured to issue a 1 second stop command first any time open or close are called.  If I find a pragmatic way around this, I'll be sure to post it.

For anyone interested, the raw commands are as follows:

Open: 0x26 0x01 0xFF
Middle/Stop: 0x26 0x04 0xFF
Close: 0x26 0x01 0x00
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:44:44 PM by Chompy »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:30:50 PM »
Hello Cory, I was able to get some further information that seems to agree with what you found regarding Z-Wave control of blind motors with our Z-Wave trigger module for controlling blind and shade motors.

As you know, we use that Z-Wave module to trigger our group transmitter, so the one second default 'on time' duration of each of the 3 relays works really well for controlling radio motors.

This was of interest because although Vera has no problem with the 3 OPEN/STOP/CLOSE commands, we found that SmartThings can only do OPEN/CLOSE, using their 'valve' widget.

The info I got suggested this, but your info sounds more complete:

OPEN: 0xFF
CLOSED: 0x00
STOP: 0x04

This apparently is directly related to the Z-Wave Multilevel Switch command, and I could see where others were having similar difficulties with the STOP command in some other Z-Wave related forum discussions, like this one:

https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?t=23674&p=63409

Regards, Adrian

javiergilsapiens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 07:16:14 AM »
I bought from you a while ago, the Z-wave module and the control relay transmitter, and I was able to get them working pretty good with ST, however, a can only fully open or close the shades using ST, I cannot stop them at any point, the control type that ST assumed it was was a dimmer switch. I've read that to achieve the stop command through the Hub, yo need to use these commands:

Open: 0x26 0x01 0xFF
Middle/Stop: 0x26 0x04 0xFF
Close: 0x26 0x01 0x00

but I do not have a clue where to insert them, could you tell me how to configure these commands in the Smartthings Hub?
I've had the controller for a while now.  do I need to erase the dimmer switch (for the rollers) and set a new kind of switch? if so, what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 08:31:00 AM »
Hello, could you please contact us directly through our contact form:

https://RollerTrol.com/contact-us

We will need to determine which unit you have, so that we can give you the correct information.

Regards, Adrian