Author Topic: Pairing 2 channel remote to MCD motor  (Read 10688 times)

tecbuilt

• View Profile
Pairing 2 channel remote to MCD motor
« on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »
I have MCD shades and nobody sells the parts online like Rollertrol (you have to go through a dealer). I bought a 2 channel remote from Rollertrol hoping it would work with my MCD motor since all the parts look exactly the same but I can't get it to pair. Is there a difference in the protocol? I would be willing to send one of my MCD 2 channel remotes and the 2 channel remote I bought from Rollertrol to somebody that has the equipment to analyze the RF. I would really like the parts to be compatible because I get tired of calling dealers and leaving a message and nobody calls me back or I get passed to several people because they don't know what exactly I need.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
Re: Pairing 2 channel remote to MCD motor
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 05:26:48 AM »
Good Morning @tecbuilt, thanks for your interest.

Our protocol won't work with MCD, you would need to change the motor too.

If you want to mess with analyzing protocols, please take a look at Stefan's method via our Raspberry Pi article about his OpenNetHome System, there's a link to it on his website:

http://RollerTrol.com/raspberry-pi-shade-blind-motor-control-part1

Regards, Adrian

tecbuilt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:44:30 AM »
So are you saying it would be possible to control the MCD shades with a Raspberry Pi and a transmitter like the JeeLink Classic? Do you know of anyone else that has done that?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »
Hi @tecbuilt, it would be a very complex process, even for a software engineer, although it is theoretically possible. It's not something we could tackle, sorry.

Regards, Adrian