Author Topic: non responsive motor  (Read 25472 times)

jppadula

• View Profile
non responsive motor
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:36:06 PM »
Just  received a motor/controller package.  The controller is the hardwired version. I powered up the controller and connected the motor to 12v DC on a bench. The controller clicks and lights and sends 12v to the motor, but the motor does not rotate. It does beep but nothing else. Any suggestions?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
Re: non responsive motor
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »
Hi @jppadula, I think the first thing would be to make sure you have the correct motor. Please send the part number from the label on the motor.

Regards, Adrian

Adrian Biffen
Customer Service
RollerTrol Automation Systems
http://RollerTrol.com

jppadula

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:11:25 AM »
Motor number TMDC-12-25-07-34R  Controller number DCC-1W-12-24 Ordered together as package on order number 14-2863 on Nov. 13. The controller lights up and leds respond and latch alternately when I depress up or down buttons, the only response I get from the motor is a single beep when pushing stop from up or down depending on polarity of the motor conenction. 

jppadula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 08:26:40 AM »
Just noticed the motor's label lists "radio" is it possible this motor is designed for RF operation instead of hardwire? I have tried the motors programming switch and after holding for 4 seconds and releasing I get four rapid beeps followed by a motor twitch forward and back and then 6 long beeps. This only happens with positive polarity on the blue stripe. It appears this motor needs a fixed DC polarity and RF communication for up and down. The hardwire controller I was sent sends alternating DC polarity. I'm thinking I was sent the incorrect motor/controller combination for my application which is using a third party programmable remote and  relay control?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 08:57:47 AM »
Hi @jppadula, it looks like our intrepid shippers accidentally pulled the wrong motor; very sorry about that.

We'll express a replacement to you today and I will be in touch by email very shortly.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me anytime.

Regards, Adrian

Adrian Biffen
Customer Service

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Hi @jppadula, that is very odd, I will check our contact page. I checked our records and for some reason we did not receive anything from you. This is very unusual, and we almost always answer email right away.

Due to the worldwide shipping and varying time zones we are not a phone-centric organization, email works much better for us.

We also record all client email conversations in a centralized database so that we can see your discussion history at a glance (so you don't have to explain things over and over again).

Regards, Adrian

Adrian Biffen
Customer Service

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »
Hi @jppadula, just a note to let you know your replacement motor has already left our warehouse; I will send you tracking info by email shortly.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me anytime.

Regards, Adrian

Adrian Biffen
Customer Service

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »
Hi @jppadula, it does sound like you may have received the wrong motor. I am very sorry about that; please contact us through the contact form on the website and we will quickly arrange a swap for you.

Regards, Adrian