Author Topic: Blackout Fabric Choices...  (Read 17680 times)

spudz72

• View Profile
Blackout Fabric Choices...
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:55:16 AM »
Just wondering what you guys have ended up using for black out fabric?  I am still researching types and pricing and so far haven't found anything that was inexpensive by any means.  For my first motorized roller blind I used the screen material from an old manual projector screen which works well enough but it is black on the back side facing out and white on the inside.  The hardest part I found was trying to get the material lined up straight on the roller so that when it rolls up and down it is not skewing right or left. 

Any tips on what and where to buy for material would be appreciated.  I'm in Ontario, Canada by the way...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
Re: Blackout Fabric Choices...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »
Hi, we use plain old vinyl in our home, but I have seen inexpensive blackout fabric for sale at one of our local fabric stores (Fabricland).

If you are having trouble with alignment, and you have attached it perfectly straight, you could try putting a guide ring at each end of your roller. I have never had to do this, but it probably depends on the type of fabric you are using.

Regards, Adrian

spudz72

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 02:17:29 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I will checkout Fabricland as they are here in Ontario also.  When you say you just use plain old vinyl where do you normally find vinyl?  Does it come in rolls, and do you cut it yourself or do you have it cut to the sizes you need? 

I managed to get the projector screen material I used as a temporary setup aligned and on straight just took a bit of time.  It's working good now. 

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
Hi, we bought some vinyl blinds at Home Depot and modified them by inserting motors into the rollers, see this 'how to' article:

http://rollertrol.com/motor-for-blinds-and-shades-fits-existing-roller

Regards, Adrian

stevenwright

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:02:57 AM »
I have also got vinyl blind for both my home and office. It is really good you can try this.

alyshasmith

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »

Here are some reasons to choose Blackout Roller Blinds for your home.
These are the perfect window covering solutions.

Source : https://www.ewfblinds.com.au/blog/blinds/why-might-i-need-blackout-roller-blinds