Author Topic: Existing mounting bracket compatibility  (Read 11754 times)

GlennR

• View Profile
Existing mounting bracket compatibility
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
I want to retrofit manual roller shades on 1.5" tubes that are operated with chains. I want to reuse the existing mounting brackets that are designed to work with M-16 clutches. Will the tube end adapter on your motors mate with my brackets?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
Re: Existing mounting bracket compatibility
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »
Hello, I would say that an exact retrofit that works perfectly is unlikely. You may have to use our supplied mounting bracket and screw it into wall or bolt it to the existing bracket. We have had thousands of customers do this quite successfully, with perhaps some modification/adaptation required.

If you buy a motor to try it out, if it doesn't work you can return the motor, provided it is in 'as new' condition.

Regards, Adrian

GlennR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 07:22:02 AM »
Thanks Adrian. I went ahead and ordered a couple TMDG-12-25-16-40-RB motors.

I found Rollease RB581+RTN brackets that will work with my fascia. Are these compatible with the motors?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RollerTrol Automation Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »
Hi, I would not expect those brackets to be perfectly compatible with our motors. You may have to drill a few holes and mount our (smaller) brackets inside of those. I would suggest you wait until you have everything at hand to decide the best approach.

Regards, Adrian

Boman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »
Hi, I would not expect those brackets to be perfectly compatible with our motors. You may have to drill a few holes and mount our (smaller) brackets inside of those. I would suggest you wait until you have everything at hand to decide the best approach.

Regards, Adrian

I'd be so interested to hear how it went.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 01:21:06 PM by Boman »

GlennR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:51:09 AM »
I had to trim the tab that slides into the center of the motor to make it narrower and I used a rotary tool with a cutting wheel for that. The modified bracket worked well.