Any home automation system such as Z-Wave®, Zigbee®, Insteon®, Crestron®, Control4® and x10® can be easily interfaced with our RollerTrol™ motors (shown on left) to control windows, window blinds and shades, vents, skylights and any other item you would like to move with a motorized roller or actuator.
If you have a home automation system, our RollerTrol™ Universal Motor Control Interface Kit may be the answer you've been looking for.
There are 2 key products in the RollerTrol™ Universal Motor Control Interface series: (more details in our online store)
- (1.) Starter Kit includes motor control interface plus 1 motor of choice required to set up the initial group of blinds (up to 8 blinds or shades can be configured in a single group, depending on sizes).
- (2.) Roller Shade Motors - add as many as you like, and use them in different ways (not just for blinds).
1. RollerTrol™ Blind & Shade Universal Motor Interface Starter Kit:
This is the kit you need to get started (buy it in our online store). It includes the motor control interface plus 1 motor of choice required to set up the initial group of blinds (up to 8 blinds or shades can be configured in a single group, depending on sizes). Additional motors are purchased separately as required.
The low voltage DC power levels are safe for children and adults, and you do not need to be an electrician to install this system.
With your home automation system, you can typically set up various different blind and shade control scenarios such as these:
- timed operation
- motion detection triggers
- hand held remote controls
- smartphone remote control
- wall mounted touch switches
- lighting condition triggers
You are also not limited to using the motors for blinds or shades - you can motorize anything else that comes to mind.
Please note that we also have a special universal interface kit designed specifically for x10® home automation systems. This is a complete home automation system, and includes PC software, the Universal Motor Interface, wall switch, coffee table remote, power supply, 1 motor of choice, and a set of relay modules required to control blind and shade motors.
2. RollerTrol™ Blind & Shade Motors:
Add as many motors as you need, depending on the size of your window(s) and weight of your fabric(s).
The RollerTrol™ motors use a highly accurate electronic 'pulse count' system, instead of the old style of screw adjustment mechanical limit system. Unlike these older mechanical designs, the number of rotations allowed is UNLIMITED:
- Mini series: TMDC-12-18-03-25-NR (18 mm drive diameter uses 1" tube, 4 lb lift, 25 rpm)
- Standard series: TMDC-12-25-07-34-NR (6 lb lift, 34 rpm) (buy it in our online store)
- Standard series: TMDC-12-25-15-28-NR (12 lb lift, 28 rpm) (buy it in our online store)
We sincerely hope you enjoy using these advanced motors; if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time!